Wednesday, May 4, 2011

28

It's my birthday, 28 years old...closer to 30 than to 25.  Theo is incredibly excited that I am having a birthday, its quite cute.  He woke up extremely cheerful.  Last night he asked me if I was going to "get pretty" tomorrow for my birthday.  The  kids drew me cute cards, Michael got me a wonderful gift, that I was very surprised about!!  So, props to him  :)  Honestly, it IS crazy what can happen in a year. 

Last year I was 34 weeks pregnant with twins.  I did some modeling for Blond Genius maternity jeans. No worries, it wasn'tn actually modeling because they didn't show my face in the pictures.  They had me in super tight maternity jeans and tall pumps for 2 hours while they had a photographer do a little photo shoot.  I BARELY EVER wore jeans while pregnant, and NEVER wore heels.  But, apparently people do wear that stuff pregnant.  Ever see the show "Pregnant in Heels"?  Its one of my new favorites.  I wish I had her job!  Anyway, I struggled to breathe and had to elevate frequently throughout the day just so my legs didn't start to swell.  But, I was excited and full of anticipation for the doubling of children that was about to be!

Now here I am a year later...watching one  of those babies push a walker toy around and the other grab her sister's yogurt drink that was left on the "kids table" and try to drink while spilling all over self and laughing at the same time. (That is what they are both doing right now). 

May 4, 2010...34 weeks with twins
Georgie Cakes and Tillie Bell almost 11 months old
No matter what it will be a good birthday for me today, like every day, because I get to spend it with my wonderful kids (plus 2 this year) and my wonderful husband.  And my back doesn't ache, I can breath my ankles are normal size and I don't have a head falling out of my crotch and another head busting through my ribs :)

Now I need this next month, go as slowly as it did when I was pregnant....because I am not ready for two sweet little baby girls to be turning one

No comments:

Post a Comment