Monday, June 11, 2012

You are 2 Years Old!

How can this be?  June 9, 2010 at 9:45 and 9:46 am the Nixon family became part of the twin phenom.  I remember looking at both of you all snuggled up together before we put you in your carseats to take you home. "Now what?!"  I thought.  I know it can't be this easy!  I was right it wasn't this easy.

Fast forward to a week later, after I had been up all night tandem nursing and trying to put two babies back to sleep while also trying to meet the needs of a 3 year old and 19 month old, and I remember thinking, "I might have this figured out in two years!?"

Well here we are two years later (how, I don't know?!) and while we have  had (until we added a new baby into this mix) figured most of this twin thing out some parts we never will.  What I do know is this;  its worth all the extra mess, laundry, tears, toddler girl drama, fights (already over shoes and clothes) , diapers etc...it is worth it.  I can't imagine one of you without the other.  It is amazing watching you grow up together!

Happy 2nd Birthday girls!!  There was a time at 38 1/2 weeks pregnant that I thought the time for you to be born would NEVER EVER ARRIVE...and here we are, 2 years later and you have taught us so much already!
New born

Love,

Mommy

One Year old!

Two Years old!

No comments:

Post a Comment