Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Dear Kids,

So its 2011!  This is the first year since 2004 that I will not be pregnant or will not give birth. Let me show you:

2005: pregnant twice but miscarried
2006:  miscarried and in May got pregnant with Theo

2007: Theo- born Febraury 23rd

2008:  Got pregnant with Mayzie in January and she was born September 30

2009:  Got pregnant with the twins in September

2010:  Twins were born June 9

Seriously, is this for real????

And here I am in 2011, with 4 wonderful kids to begin a brand new year and I couldn't be happier.  Really, though the years are flying by like airplanes.  I wish they would slow down but they don't, they just go by more quickly!

For the first time in a LOOOONNNNGGGG time Dad and I stayed out late on New Year's Eve...no TV party NYE for us.   We had our own party to go to .   Actually it was the wedding of my dear friend, Channing (speaking of years flying by- there were a couple pictures of us in her slideshow when we were like 12, holding my little sister as a newborn...what the heck, those days feel like yesterday!).   We had a fabulous time dancing the night away.  Your dad didn't know too many people but he's so friendly with everyone it didn't really matter.  Plus, we brought our new SLR Nikon camera and that kept him busy for ALL of the reception.  A number of times he told me he was "starting his new hobby" and I kept catching him trying to talk "photography" with the actual wedding photographer.  I had a couple girls from high school tell me they thought it was cute how he followed me around and took pictures of me- I guess it was a little bit cute of him, just a little.  He cracks me up that guy.

Speaking of cute, Channing's wedding was so darn cute (she made her own felt flowers)!  She married a wonderful guy and I just couldn't be happier for her.  The wedding was beautiful and the reception was a blast!  If you kids can believe it,  Daddy and I even rang in the new year with a kiss!  Yes, that means I was up, at a party, dancing at 12:00 am CENTRAL time!!!  Oh to be young again.  I will confess once I realized that it was 11:55 I started to get a little panicked thinking about the  reprocussions of the next day.  I told your dad on numerous occassions, "We are leaving at midnight."  After finally getting him to pack up the camera we did scoot out of there at about 12:05, but not before Dad grabbed the complimentary pizza and donut they served at midnight.  It was a fun ending to 2010!

I am excited to see what 2011 has in store for our family and each of you indivually.  My prayer is for healthy, happy children and lots of great family time together!

Happy New Year Theo, Mayzie, Georgia and Tillie!!!!

Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment