Thursday, July 5, 2012

Had it been my firstborn I would have pulled the car over, taken him out of his carseat, looked him over and monitored his behavior for a while. I most likely would have even been on the phone with the doctor!

Had it been my second born, I would have pulled over and gotten her out and looked her over to be sure she was ok. Probably would have skipped calling the doctor though.

Had it been my third and fourth born, I would have skipped getting them out. I instead would have just looked for a quick responsive smile from them letting me know they were ok.

But it was my fifth born...which is why when her carseat did a triple barrel roll across the backseat of our rented suv in Denver because we forgot to strap it in with the belt, we just kept on going. No stopping the car, no looking you over, no calling the doctor. We didn't even wake you up (that's right you stayed asleep). I just crawled back there and buckled your infant seat in. And then we laughed about it, as you slept... after doing a triple barrel roll across the backseat?!

You are going to be tougher than nails, girl!

On second thought, had it been my first born I would have never forgotten to strap the infant seat in securely in the first place :)
Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment