Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Forgotten

Dear Liza,

I don't know how I did it, I have lost my mind.  I took you to the gym today.  I called and they came out to the car to get you.  I parked and hobbled in on my crutches.  Did my share one-legged on the rowing machine, the hand pedaler, and did some weight-lifting and abs.  Went down to the locker room and sat in the sauna.  (I sweat more there then I did working out- oh how I just want to run.  I told your dad the other day that I am going to be like Sea Biscuit and break out of this thing and run on Sunday.  That's another story...I don't even know the story of Sea Biscuit...did they have to put him down after he raced?  Yikes!  Did he even break his leg?)  I finished getting dressed hobbled to the nursery, told them to get you ready for me while I pulled the car up to come get you.  I hobbled to the car and drove away.  I realized you were forgotten on the interstate almost all the way to preschool.

When I finally got back, she said I wasn't the first one to have done that.  I think she was just trying to make me feel better.

Oh, and I did this at target last week.  Yes, those were just diapers and food.  Yes, you are my actual baby...real live member of the family...forgotten at the gym.

Had my milk not come in right then I may not have remembered you until even later... I can't promise this won't happen again, but I can promise this (though I will try harder to make sure you are with me):  I LOVE you to pieces and I always will!

Love,

Mommy
You are so cute, how could I leave you somewhere?

No comments:

Post a Comment