Thursday, August 23, 2012

Kindergarten

Dear Theo,

We have sent you off on your way!  You are in the thick of your first week as a kindergartner at Webster Elementary.  After  a few tears on the first day (mostly due to nerves and probably because I made too big of a deal about "what will I do without you"- which you took literally), you are loving it!  I am so thankful, because I know if you didn't like it, I would do terribly with the whole process too.  Granted, I am not as okay with it as you are, but I'm making progress :)


Its a pretty recognizable feeling for me- bittersweet is.  I have dealt with a lot of milestones with 5 babies in 5 years.  But this is a whole new kind of bittersweet.  I've done the "oh the baby rolls over, oh they can talk and walk, oh your first soccer game"  and the list goes on.  But those are happy, superficial bittersweet type things.  This is the real deal.  This time I meant it when I said stop growing up so fast this summer.  But the summer came and went and now you are in kindergarten...and I can't do anything about it.  Thats life.  And it will keep on rolling, and we will keep on saying,  "where did the time go?"

My friend from college commented on a photo that a posted on Facebook.
 The above photo actually.  She has a 1 1/2 year old little boy.  Her comment said "I'm so glad I don't have to do this until 2016."  Well, I hope she has no plans to blink her eyes!  Because in my mind you were a soft squishy toddler a couple of hours ago.  Here is a quote from Dr. Suess that is right on!

How did it get so late so soon?
It’s night before it’s afternoon.
December is here before it’s June.
My goodness how the time has flewn.
How did it get so late so soon?

You are a SPECIAL boy, Theo!   Your dad and I can't wait to watch you grow and learn through these  next years of elementary school!

On a side note...Its been quiet at our house.  I get home from dropping Theo off everyday at school and quickly realize that the past 5 years I have catered to him because A.  He is the oldest and B. he is the only boy.   During the first day, while home I found myself looking at my daughters and thinking  to myself...Who are you and what do you girls like to do?  I am sure we will make progress!  Funny how pulling one kid out of the mix totally changes the dynamic!  And mind you, Mayzie is loving that she is now in charge of the game.  At least until 3:35 pm.  Which still can't come soon enough each day for a mommy that is missing her baby boy!

Love,



Mom

Also, so sorry that not only did I personalize your backpack with your name, I also made your wear a shirt that says "Theo"...not trying to turn you into a dork, just trying to be helpful!

1 comment: