Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Dear Mayzie,

I am not ready for this.  Last night I heard a thud.  I didn't think much of it and assumed you tossed a book out of your bed.  And soon after I saw your little blond curls peeking around the corner.  You climbed out of your crib.  Something I thought you would never do- fight bedtime and nap time-but you have been, especially more recently.  Screaming until you fall asleep, skipping naps, its been a nightmare.  I want my sweet little perfect sleeper back.

We tried you in the "big girl bed"  (toddler size),  you did fall asleep, then woke up in the middle of the night and somehow managed your way into my room, where I was startled out of my whits when I opened my eyes and saw you starting straight back at me (like within an inch of me.)  So I cuddled with you and you fell asleep in my bed.  Then I moved you back to your crib, where you did sleep peacefully, eventually.  Mind you, all of this around 2 am and feeding Georgia at 3:55, basically I went to sleep at 4:30 am and woke up at 5:30 am.  

Someday you won't want to sleep in your mommy's arms and I will wish you did.  It is always so backwards.  Maybe that is the secret to life... to enjoy it while you can.  Which is something I need to do.  You will sleep.  And I won't die any sooner if I wake up every morning with 4 kids in my bed.

Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment