Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I Look Nice Today

I stood in my closet and debated what to wear for the day. I knew we had to leave the house for Mayzie's dance class and later for Georgia's physical therapy session at the hospital. So, I tried to let that influence my decision, thinking to myself that I should probably look decent and half-way put together. That meant jeans, I have been having jean issues lately and these issues have been getting worse and worse. I don't know if its because I don't have to wear them or if I really have some weird body type that doesn't tolerate them. Either way, I don't want to look like that mom, especially in public so I pulled out my dark jeans and put them on.


I continued on with the morning and did a few things around the house. It was bad news from the get-go. I started to get hot and felt constricted. But, I kept them on and continued to go about my routine chores hoping I would somehow, someway get used to this discomfort. ( I mean come on, they are jeans, Hayley, they ARE COMFORTABLE.)


I used to wear jeans everyday, no questions asked. That's just what you wear. I knew that sweatpants are for vegging on the couch and going to the gym. Then I had Theo, and I wore sweats on the weekend. Which, I feel is still pretty acceptable, right? After Mayzie was born the sweat pants wearing got more frequent, but I still put a pair of jeans on every time I left the house. Since the twins have been around I have been a so-called "sweat-pant offender". On a totally related note, the same is true about how often I wash my hair...I'm up to 3 whole days in between washes. (Suddenly my hair just got feeling a little bit itchy).


Back to the story. I was having no luck, the discomfort just kept getting worse. I was constantly having to yank them up. (Why is it that every single pair of jeans I own manages to slip down and sit miserably on my c-section scar so that my left over baby belly flab bulges over the top?!)


By now all kids are awake and I am scurrying to get hair done, teeth brushed, babies fed, shoes on and my jeans just feel gross. Eventually we got the diaper bag packed, babies loaded in their carriers and everyone buckled into the van.


I could have just gotten in the driver seat and backed away with my jeans and cute top on, but I didn't. I rushed inside and grabbed my matching sweatpants and hoodie and put them on. Don't you worry, not the grungy sweats. I put on the sweats that are more tailored and have pockets on the back, plus the hoodie matches...so I look nice right? The sad part is, I have done this multiple times lately. I think in the near future, I am going to set a goal to only wear yoga/sweat pants once full day a week. I will let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment