Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Happy Mother's Day..Early, because I have time right now

Dear Theo, Mayzie, Georgia, Tillie and Liza Nell,

I saw this video today and I couldn't help but realize...





I've felt this way before.   You aren't olympians...yet.  (Only time will tell that) :)  But, being proud of your son or daughter is one of the best feelings in the world.

I was proud when I watched Theo score a goal at his soccer game.  I loved watching his face beam!

I was proud when I recorded Mayzie at dance class rehearsing for her recital.

I was proud when Theo helped buckle Georgia in her carseat and she looked up and him and said "Sank you Seo"  with her big big big blue eyes.

I was proud when Tillie sat and read a book to her sisters, so lovingly.

I was proud when Liza smiled at Mayzie a few minutes ago as Mayzie patted her head and just chatted with her.

I was proud at the very first cry I heard from all of you. (Some took a little longer than others, and some have been more frequent than others since.  And we have our good days, and our bad days,  But I have never stopped feeling this way about you.

Love,

Mom

1 comment:

  1. Hayley, that is so awesome and so true. I teared up reading it because I feel the same way, but you put it into words better than I ever could. You are so lucky to have all those beauties and they too, for having you as their mom. Not many women could mother 5 little ones so well and look damn good doing it! Happy Mother's Day to you :)

    ReplyDelete